–Recent News & Events
In the News…
Like so many other organizations during the pandemic, CRLC has limited our activities to connecting virtually.
Community Rights Action meetings
We continue to hold our monthly CRA meetings and have included a variety of topics over these past months, including:
- Preemption Issues – lead by Roy Keene
- Proposed Community Rights Amendment to Oregon State Constitution
- Review of Stratfor Strategies – How to Win the Media War Against Grassroots Activists
- How Can We Best Support BIPOC Efforts?
- Community Rights Lane County – Value Statement Review
Besides our monthly CRA meetings, CRLC has sponsored or supported the following online presentations:
CRLC Sponsored Webinar:
Democracy School – Fall 2020
ORCRN Sponsored Webinars:
- Community Rights Amendment to Oregon State Constitution
- Intersection of Current Events (BIPOC issues, fire, pandemic) with Community Rights
- State Preemption
- Mutual Aid
Here is the latest news from Lane County and beyond…
We know it's early - But Exciting it will be! Date: Sunday March 8, 2020 Time: 9:00-10:15am Where: UO Campus (Exact location TBA) Panel: Establishing the Rights of Nature It is neither acceptable nor is it necessary to poison the environment to engage in commerce. In...
Move: Migration on a Changing Planet March 05-08, 2020 This year, PIELC will host a conversation about migration on a changing planet. Changes to the environment have always affected the movement of humans and other life on earth. Recently, global awareness has...
We have some exciting film showings coming your way. A perfect way to educate yourself as the weather gets colder outside. Both showings include Q&A's with people involved! Stay warm inside and cozy up for these: Community Rights Lane County is excited to be...
Community Rights Lane County & City Lights Cinema Invisible Hand When: Tuesday, Sept. 17th Where: City Lights Cinema Florence, Oregon (1930 Highway 101) Check back often as the event gets closer for more details. In the fall of 2014, for the first time in United...
Donate Today or Get Involved