–Recent News & Events
In the News…
Like so many other organizations during the pandemic, CRLC has limited our activities to connecting virtually.
Community Rights Action meetings
We continue to hold our monthly CRA meetings and have included a variety of topics over these past months, including:
- Preemption Issues – lead by Roy Keene
- Proposed Community Rights Amendment to Oregon State Constitution
- Review of Stratfor Strategies – How to Win the Media War Against Grassroots Activists
- How Can We Best Support BIPOC Efforts?
- Community Rights Lane County – Value Statement Review
Besides our monthly CRA meetings, CRLC has sponsored or supported the following online presentations:
CRLC Sponsored Webinar:
Democracy School – Fall 2020
ORCRN Sponsored Webinars:
- Community Rights Amendment to Oregon State Constitution
- Intersection of Current Events (BIPOC issues, fire, pandemic) with Community Rights
- State Preemption
- Mutual Aid
Here is the latest news from Lane County and beyond…
We're excited to launch our new website! Packed with videos and information to help fill the head, pictures to make you smile - and of course a community spirit that IS the heart and soul of our work! Take a look around, learn more, share more and we will see you in...
In support of the Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) movement, Community Rights Lane County encourages donations during this time to go directly towards groups at the forefront of the BIPOC movement. Below is a partial list of these organizations: Black...
Will Falk - Author, Lawyer, Environmental Activist Poetry is a tool to be used in resistance. For those of us who have forgotten, poetry leads us back to our natural heritage. Poetry teaches us to listen to a world filled with voices. WHEN: Friday, March 13th @6pm...
We know it's early - But Exciting it will be! Date: Sunday March 8, 2020 Time: 9:00-10:15am Where: UO Campus (Exact location TBA) Panel: Establishing the Rights of Nature It is neither acceptable nor is it necessary to poison the environment to engage in commerce. In...
Donate Today or Get Involved