–Recent News & Events
In the News…
Like so many other organizations during the pandemic, CRLC has limited our activities to connecting virtually.
Community Rights Action meetings
We continue to hold our monthly CRA meetings and have included a variety of topics over these past months, including:
- Preemption Issues – lead by Roy Keene
- Proposed Community Rights Amendment to Oregon State Constitution
- Review of Stratfor Strategies – How to Win the Media War Against Grassroots Activists
- How Can We Best Support BIPOC Efforts?
- Community Rights Lane County – Value Statement Review
Besides our monthly CRA meetings, CRLC has sponsored or supported the following online presentations:
CRLC Sponsored Webinar:
Democracy School – Fall 2020
ORCRN Sponsored Webinars:
- Community Rights Amendment to Oregon State Constitution
- Intersection of Current Events (BIPOC issues, fire, pandemic) with Community Rights
- State Preemption
- Mutual Aid
Here is the latest news from Lane County and beyond…
Community Rights Lane County created a Political Action Committee called Protect Lane County Watersheds. We will be educating the public about why it's important to protect our watersheds, the Rights of Nature, and expose the legal system we're up against, in order to...
March 24, 2022 Oregon Community Rights Network (ORCRN) supports the actions and litigation necessary to protect the sage brush hills of Thacker Pass from the corporate harm that would result from the extraction and mining of lithium. Justifying this mining for the...
Stay updated with all the Community Rights News from around the Country! The Oregon Community Rights Network has started a monthly newsletter to keep you informed of all things Community Rights. Learn about the work going on across the Nation - Educational webinars,...
The Oregon Community Rights Networks Monthly Webinar Wednesday is April 14, at 6pm. Protecting Mother Earth: The history, legacy, and possibilities as experienced by Native Americans The ORCRN and CELDF are honored to be able to provide the space on Wednesday, April...
Donate Today or Get Involved