–Recent News & Events
In the News…
Like so many other organizations during the pandemic, CRLC has limited our activities to connecting virtually.
Community Rights Action meetings
We continue to hold our monthly CRA meetings and have included a variety of topics over these past months, including:
- Preemption Issues – lead by Roy Keene
- Proposed Community Rights Amendment to Oregon State Constitution
- Review of Stratfor Strategies – How to Win the Media War Against Grassroots Activists
- How Can We Best Support BIPOC Efforts?
- Community Rights Lane County – Value Statement Review
Besides our monthly CRA meetings, CRLC has sponsored or supported the following online presentations:
CRLC Sponsored Webinar:
Democracy School – Fall 2020
ORCRN Sponsored Webinars:
- Community Rights Amendment to Oregon State Constitution
- Intersection of Current Events (BIPOC issues, fire, pandemic) with Community Rights
- State Preemption
- Mutual Aid
Here is the latest news from Lane County and beyond…
A 6/26/22 rafting trip from Finn Rock to Vida on Oregon's McKenzie River, the source of Eugene's drinking water, discovers a river in peril from egregious unregulated and unenforced development and runoff from toxic chemicals.Learn more about it Here.
Our own Michelle Holman was on KEPW 97.3, talking about the new effort to Protect Lane County Watersheds. Listen Here!
Community Rights Lane County created a Political Action Committee called Protect Lane County Watersheds. We will be educating the public about why it's important to protect our watersheds, the Rights of Nature, and expose the legal system we're up against, in order to...
March 24, 2022 Oregon Community Rights Network (ORCRN) supports the actions and litigation necessary to protect the sage brush hills of Thacker Pass from the corporate harm that would result from the extraction and mining of lithium. Justifying this mining for the...
Donate Today or Get Involved